Apr 16, 2018 | Press Release
Experience the Ultimate Food and Drink Lovers Getaway
at Gaylord National Resort
(National Harbor, MD – April 12, 2018) – After a long and cold winter, spring fever has reached an all-time high in the Washington, D.C. area. With the return of spring, the Capital Region’s premier waterfront destination, National Harbor, MD, is preparing to launch its annual outdoor festival line-up including everything from wine, beer and bourbon tastings to local food samplings, barbeque and Maryland’s favorite crustacean – crab. The destination’s cornerstone resort, Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center, is also getting in on the festivities by providing exclusive, VIP overnight getaways to the events.
Kicking off the festivities on April 28 and 29, visitors can enjoy the destination’s annual Wine and Food Festival featuring world-renowned chefs, artisanal craftsmen and tastings of more than 150 different international and local wines, beers and spirits. The kick-off event is followed by National Harbor’s popular Southern-inspired festival, Beer, Bourbon and Barbeque, on June 16 and signature grand finale event, the Chesapeake Crab and Beer Festival – complete with more than 60,000 crabs, a variety of beer, arts, crafts, live music and more on August 18.
To make the most out of attending one of the three festivals in the popular getaway destination, Gaylord National Resort offers overnight packages that include:
National Harbor Wine and Food Package
Available April 27 or 28
• One night room accommodations
• Two VIP admission tickets to the Wine and Food Festival
• VIP Pier experience with wine tastings paired with food samples from local restaurants
• Wine and spirit tastings from noon to 6 p.m.
• Food tastings from noon to 3 p.m.
• VIP-only glass and souvenir bag
• Wine region tastings
• Discount offers for purchases made at the festival
The package starts at $359.
Beer, Bourbon and Barbeque Package
Available June 15 or 16
• One night room accommodations
• Two VIP admission tickets to the Beer, Bourbon and Barbeque Festival from noon to 6 p.m.
• Exclusive tasting experience in the VIP area
• Access to more than 10 tasting stations featuring gourmet bacons from all over the country and local restaurants featuring their favorite bacon dishes
• Two additional hours for sampling
The package starts at $229.
Chesapeake Crab and Beer Package
Available August 17 or 18
• One night room accommodation
• Two VIP admission tickets to the Chesapeake Crab and Beer Festival
• Souvenir mug and mallet
• Unlimited tastings of beer and wine
• All-you-care-to-taste large crabs, corn, cole slaw and potato chips
• Guaranteed communal seating under a tent
The package starts at $299 and guests can choose from two festival session times, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. or 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
For more information or to book a package at Gaylord National Resort, visit www.GaylordHotelsNews.com/GaylordNationalResort or call 301-965-4000.
Words in boldface are used under license.
Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center is the largest, non-gaming hotel and convention center on the East Coast, located along the banks of the Potomac River in National Harbor, Maryland and part of Marriott International. Opened in April 2008 and celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, Gaylord National is a AAA-Four Diamond resort that is only eight miles from Washington, D.C. The resort offers nearly 2,000 rooms including 110 suites; a 19-story atrium; 600,000 square-feet of indoor and outdoor meeting space; acclaimed restaurants including Old Hickory Steakhouse; a modern resort spa, Relache Spa; and Pose Rooftop Lounge.